07-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #56
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: f30 328i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimajer View Post
Some asians get so offended when people say to them " you all look the same to me."
To me, white , black or brown people, they all look the same to me too. i only start to remember their names and faces after meeting them more than two times. so its all good.
I agree and disagree. I'm with you as far as looking all the same goes(everyone needs getting used to ). But, I'm afraid it goes little deeper than that. Even now, there are people who make naive statements about Asians without respecting cultural originality(martial arts, foods, life styles etc), and i think those statements are racial(or cultural) neglect if they were only treated as jokes. Surprisingly, that's what I still see on TV , mocking other nations for a couple minutes of entertainment. So, I say there should be some solid indications/classifications to be done in this thread like bolty's happening above. So that some mindless comedy show or uninformative statements don't destroy what should be classified as such. Of course, all in friendly manner