View Single Post
      04-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #27
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
Just for fun I went to the audi dealership to test drive a TT with DSG just to get a rough idea on how the M-DCT will feel. (I know they are world apart but its the colsest thisn to the M-DKG i can drive. While looking around in the showroom, I noticed that half the cars, including A4, A3, Q7, has the "S" line option and hence The "S" logo. I think this cheapens the brand equity hence the RS4. I really hope that BMW doesn't start slapping "M" on all their cars.
an "M" X5 would be sweet but I would call it someting different- I leave it to BMW marketing to figure out what that would be. I don't think the X5 needs the V10- the new turbo V8 from the X6 should be OK. I realize a lillte but wanted to share my .02 cents.

It be great if HUD came as an option in 09, if later I won't wait.
I think the Audi brand is very bland. They need to slap "s" line all over the lineup. It's all about volume for them. My girlfriend has the A4. It's a solid transportation car for the commute to work. BMW offered "M" package on 3 series in the past, What do you get, tweaked suspension, M wheels and M badges all over the place. It's not an "M car" This I disagree with. Besides Porsche Cayenne Turbo needs some competition.
Appreciate 0