View Single Post
      02-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by knext21 View Post
I was thinking of getting eibachs a month ago to not go so low but I ended up getting H&R's. Man am i happy that I got the H&R's instead.
Right, I was going to come in and say that while both are great springs, H&R has a much better reputation in the BMW scene, and are generally considered better springs because of their more favorable lowering ratios. When choosing a spring, it's tough, because you are accepting someone else's judgement (no matter whether they are professionals in the matter or not) of what is a good compromise between "looks" and "performance" (the two don't always go hand in hand)... Not only are both looks and performance relatively subjective, but each individual prioritizes them differently.

With that said, I've always found (and so have most of the customers I have helped) that H&R has the best formula for this. Of course, if coils are an option, you can make your own determination as to where in the compromise-scale you want to put your own car, but if springs are what fits the budget... I suggest H&R!

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0