View Single Post
      07-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #21
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
I am a little confused by the "soft" comments..... No one has really criticized the 335i as soft....the M3 with its new hardcore front suspension will be a lot better than the 335i. Guys the E92 M3 is using steel suspension bushings! This is hardcore.....

Also, I remember people calling the E46 M3 soft.....but everyone now has fond memories of the E46 M3.

Why is everyone so negative??
For months I've been waving red warning flags here. The specs and pre-release info all added up to the apocalypse we are now seeing. I've been in this game for too long to be fooled by the 'M' hype.

If you remember, the argument made by myself and others was that for $50K you could build a well equipped 335i that was actually as track worthy and faster than the M3. The counter was well it's an 'M', it will be special and hard core from the factory. Well, now it's apparent that with bolt-on mod and far less $$ the 335i will run with and past the new M3 in most performance measures.

So, now more people are seeing that I (and others) are more right with each passing day...thus the complaints.

I'm not here to hate. I would love to see a 450HP, 380TQ 3200 lb M3 for $60K well equipped. I even did a 2 yr lease last year on my 335i anticipating the next generation (M3, C63, CTS-V, GT-R). I also know BMW monitors these boards, so the more people scream disappointment, the quicker they will respond.

PS It looks like the new 'M3' may really be a bolt-on modded 135i!
Appreciate 0