05-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #16
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Never diagnosed by an eye doctor, but I fail the 'self tests' using your finger, etc. So I'm guessing I have some level of it, but I believe it only happens when I really 'focus'. Would this possibly the cause for my lack of 'seeing' 3D? Is there anything that can be done to combat this?

I have contacts, different prescriptions in both. (decently bad astigmatism in the one)
What are the two prescriptions. It would depend. When were you first put into glasses. When your visual system develops your two eyes basically fight each other for dominance. The stimulus from each of your eyes will cause the dendrites to grow in your visual system. If one eye were to have a much stronger stimulus than the other than the other than it would become extremely dominant and the neurons needed to have sharp clear vision in that other would never develop. Even if just one meridian is out of focus, those neurons will not grow. The condition is called amblyopia. There are many forms and it varies in severity. If its in just one meridian it would be called meridional amblyopia. You would notice problems with stereopsis and depth perception. The problem is that because of the lack of neurons one eye would be "suppressed" compared to the other and not receive a strong neural picture and not be able to sharply focus.

But without an exam or anything I cant diagnose you and if you aren't having functional problems theres nothing to really do once you are past your early years.
Appreciate 0