View Single Post
      03-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #100
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
I just installed the AKG 95A transmission mounts on my DCT M3, they are totally hilarious, I can actually hear the clutches engaging now. Totally concur with the track-car-only descriptor on the website. Love them for my purposes but I definitely wouldn't install these on a street car. The AKG 75D engine mounts are going in next week (OE engine mounts currently installed).
Okay, so that was short lived. Even for a car I drive on the street ~4 times per month and to/from the track the AKG 95A transmission mounts were too much NVH for me. I reinstalled some new OE rubber mounts last night and I feel like I am in a brand new car now, world of difference, and this is with the AKG 75D engine mounts still in. I would seriously only recommend the poly transmission mounts for cars that are trailered to/from the track.

Interesting additional observation, my exhaust sounds way better w/ the OE transmission mounts. I detected a change when I installed the polys but didn't realize how drastic it was. Engine mounts only FTW, leave those transmission mounts stock folks!