View Single Post
      11-25-2007, 09:55 AM   #12
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

The 335i is an awesome awesome car and will go down in history as one of the best peformance BMW's ever made.

My problem is that if I bought a 335i I would want reliable warrantied performance upgrades so I can get the same company approved performance I get from the M3. Both Dinan and Performance BMW have been rumored to be coming out with software upgrades that will not break the warranty.

I would it lower it on compliant coilovers like KW V2

I would want something like NEEZ wheels in 19"

And then to make it look aggresive I would have to have the Aero Kit front end and sport rear valance. Along with the rear valance I would need a new exhaust, something like what Hartage makes.

Warrantied software upgrade= 1500-3000
New Suspension=2000-3000
New NEEZ/BBS/IForged= 4000-6000
Exterior upgrades including mounting and painting=3000-4000

Total for my mods-10,500 to 16,000

Based on this I would still choose the M3 simply because the price to make the 335i that I would want is not that much cheaper than buying a reliable M performance car from the factory and the peace of mind that comes with knowing that if something should go wrong the factory will fix it. Not to mention the ride and driveability I have sacraficed by modifying. I say this based on years of modding my current E36 M3.

Just my preference.....

Jason