11-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #21
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
This is looking like a likely scenario. I get the feeling DCT cars will not be available until early summer--pure speculation based on the fact that we still have not heard a thing about it from BMW or seen spy pics of a car with a DCT lever. If DCT=>early summer, then I might wait for 2-3 more months and buy a 2009 model (I think, generally speaking, one can order next year's model in late August). If they can deliver DCT in Spring, and if #4 spot on the list lets me buy one then, I'll go for it.
Good discussion here too bad the thread is "SMG..."

I am also concerned to not have seen a DCT spy shot yet. But I also have some reasoning to lead me to believe that this does not mean the system is delayed or won't be available until significantly after we suspect.

All of the hype with masked mules and the debut, in multiple countries is OVER. Getting an interior shot of the DCT in testing, although of interest to serious spy photographers or enthusiasts, just is not that big of a deal. Hence no spy shots. I do think that folks should have at least HEARD the system at the N'ring.

Don't think I could hold out to 09 myself...
Appreciate 0