View Single Post
      05-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #14
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

When you track in the lower run groups, there are few cars that run r-comps. Also, one might not be 'riding up someone's ass' to set-up for passes.
In the faster groups, they use r-comps...get close enough and those tires on the guy in front of you suddenly become bb-guns. Don't believe me?...fine, next track day go look at the instructor/racer group's cars and see just what advanced group running has done for their front bumpers/fenders/windshields. And then ask them how much they've spent re-spraying their bumpers/hoods...

Having known that my M was going to live a time of it's life in advanced-group HPDEs, I had a professional shop install the clear-bra protection over a good amount of the "higher wear" areas.

If you have the funds...do it. If you plan on selling your car sometime in the future...do it. Try to explain the sandblasting to someone as "HPDE wear" and you'll lose over half your potential buyers within the first few seconds.

Be good,
TomK

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!