01-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #461
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
hahaha wow! Only 8 seconds handicap?! How generous of you Ryan!

Thanks Kaiv!! Yeah, I think that was my second trip to Buttonwillow when you were instructing, and maybe only my 3rd track day ever. I learned quite a bit since then. As the year goes on, I'll be testing the waters more with DSC off. For now, I'm got some goals I want to reach with (Euro) MDM. Once I run the course of that, I'll back off and start working with DSC off more. Honestly, the laps I did with DSC-off last week went totally fine. (Euro MDM really is not much traction control to begin with.)
lulz, Gabriel, just bend over like an inmate and take it. I did. From April of '11 to April of '12, ran 30 track days in MDM mode. And, I heard it all. From all directions.

Then, in May of '12, went DSC off, and was frustrated for a while. Timing-wise, the coming summer heat only compounded things. If you decide to go DSC off, I'd suggest doing it when things are cooler and will remain cooler for a while. It'll be better for the ego, lulz. Anyhow, 8 months and 17 track days later, I know I'm happy.

With driver-mod, NT01 and the car setup pretty neutral, I'm having a blast besting my previous personal bests, but the track videos sure look boring now.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34

Last edited by OC3; 01-14-2013 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 0