MasterDank
Boats & Hoes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5 Sakhir Orang,Chohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM3 View Post
Me too lol.

I just got back fom my 1200 mile service and I had the window down when backing in my garage and heard it.

I dont think it has anything to do with main bearings, if I shut the A/C off it stops. Turn it back on it starts, every time.

So it could be a few things, a/c condensate falling on the exhaust, or something making a noise with a slight load on the engine. But without a doubt if I shut the climate control off it stops on mine. Since we dont have an oil pressure gauge I have no idea what the oil pressure is, besides a lower end knock (and possible spinning/seizing of the bearings) the only noise that 'bad' bearings can do is reduce oil pressure enough to cause something in a hydraulic valvetrain to be noisy. Since this is in no way RPM related I doubt its in the valvetrain, could ve vanos related, especially if turning the a/c compressor on changes something.

Here is the vid of mine I took 20 minutes ago. It may have always made the noise since day one and I just didnt notice, but like many others I look around close after someone works on it to make sure nothing is falling off

I have 3.9 years and 48,700 miles of warranty so I'll worry about it down the road if its gets worse., I dont think its internal but I could be wrong. Kind of weird people are noticing this after the 1200 mile service on 2011s..
The climate control (AC) is just putting a load on the engine... You can also use your accelerator pedal to get the noise to be louder, definitely internal issue..
Appreciate 0