DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I think the NT01 is the slowest R-Comp out there and also the fastest street tire. I guess you can throw in the Pilot Sport Cups but they are so damned expensive so I don't consider them. Faster than an RS3...slower than an R6 or similar R-comp with the 2 grooves. Don't judge the NT01 by the first impression. They keep getting stickier down to the threads...or splice in our cases. For those of us on a budget, the NT01 will last significantly longer than most other R-Comps since they don't seem to heat cycle out either.

The thing with Hoosiers is either you murder the outer edge. Or you spend $000's on getting your car modded and set up only to heat cycle them out relatively quickly. Not sure about the R1s...never tried them. I've also tried scrubs...crap. Yeah, you save on the tires. But you spend lots more on mounting, balancing, time going to and from the tire shop. Just way too much of a PIA.

From my understanding and experience, certain tires work better with heavier cars. E9Xs need those kind of tires. NT01s are one that do work well on the E9X. RS3s??? Don't think so. The old star specs were not that good either.

I guess there are some new offerings coming out so it should be interesting to hear some feedback on some new tires. Its been awhile since we've gotten something new and awesome, right?
What about the Hankook C51 slicks? Supposed to be a little off Hoosiers but last significantly longer. Are they a viable DE-tire alternative to NT01's, or too expensive for how long they last?
Appreciate 0