View Single Post
      10-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #50
nrgy
Private
Rep
Drives: AMG GTR, LP570-4

The PPP does look like a nice upgrade, and the SLS forged internals are very cool. It does seem pretty expensive though, not sure how it will translate to U.S. dollars. However as some others have mentioned, unfortunately this package does not address the suspension at all. For those of you who have test driven the C63 and reported a skitish feel, I experienced the same thing. With the stiffer PP suspension it is even worse. What the car needs are a set of coilovers like on the CLK63 BS. I put a set of KW V3s on mine and it really does transform the handling of the C63.

As far as the power output, I'm at a solid 550hp, maybe closer to 560hp, with tune, LT headers, and CF airbox. I'm think I can free up another 20hp or so with pulley and 2-piece rotors, so in that regard I would rather dump money into aftermarket mods than the modest hp increase with the PPP. BUT, if I had the forged internals in addition to my current mods maybe I would be seeing 600hp?

I wish we had the aftermarket support like the M3 though. You guys have over 6 supercharger options to choose from and not 1 for the 63!
Appreciate 0