View Single Post
      08-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #84
ciantosca
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 328iX & 2011 E90 M3

German dealer refused to change diff oil!

Ok so I am knee deep in European driving and finally hit 1200 miles while in Trier Germany. I bring the car in for my appointment and expect the German service advisor to know whats up - Wrong! After 30 minutes of discussions he tells me each M3 is different and they are only supposed to do an oil change for my cal not the differential as I requested. I mention I know for a fact the differential oil also needs to be changed. There is a bit of a language barrier but service adviser brings in tech and manager and they confirm on computer my car does not need diff service. I ask them out of curiosity at what point it needs flushing, they tell me never! I was not happy but decided since I had to pay 270 E for the oiil change that I would have the dealer do the diff service back in the states.

Anyone else ever hear of this? Why is this so difficult for dealers to get straight. I actually convinced myself I was crazy after an hour of trying to convince the entire German dealership staff I knew the cars maintenance better than they did. They kept asking me for the service book which I did not ever get.

After all the countless hours on here preparing for the service I still get screwed.
Anyone else deal with this?

Next stop was the ring for a few laps to break everything in properly.
Appreciate 0