View Single Post
      01-18-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
hau_nguyen91
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB 17 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08njSTEP View Post
If your trails are smooth and/or relatively flat get 29" if twisty and steep go 27.5 or 26". I love 26" wheels and would always choose them. Hydraulic disc brakes fade less than cable disc but cost more. I like fox forks but any of the big names are good(manitou,rockshox,etc.) Tires are the most critical part of bike. Find what is popular on your local trails and go with that. Tubeless is best option. Get as light a bike as you can afford. I like 3 ring front and would advise against the new trend of 1x. IMO it's a fad. Make sure you go to a good bike shop and try the model you want. I fell in love with a bike that ended up unrideable for me
Didn't buy it but had dreams about it for 9 months. I like shimano drive train and have broken a lot of SRAM gear(chains,rear derailures). I have a trek fuel ex and a Klein attitude, and had a specialized epic. Trek makes really good mountain bikes now. I hope this helps, I've been riding for 19 years and love rocks and roots and going fast. My last bit of caution is bikes can get retarded expensive once you get the itch. Good luck.

Thanks! I think I'll start out with a Marlin 7 and upgrade as needed!

I was just trying to check what are the options out there.
Appreciate 0