10-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #44
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtailpipes View Post
not to suggest that i didnt watch your videos, but i think the stills that come up for your videos suggest one major change right off the bat:

you need to keep your hands both on the wheel. ideally at 9:00 and 3:00. the shenandoah skidpad is pretty broad and shouldnt require any hand shuffling. in the second picture, you can see your left arm is across your body, palm up, not holding the wheel, and your right hand is nowhere to be found. with only one hand on the wheel, palming it around in circles, you're going to have a lot of trouble controlling the car and training your muscles to make hand movements of the correct magnitudes. i definitely don;t intend to discourage you, but it's difficult to comment on technique at this point. have you ever had an instuctor sit with you on the skidpad? with good real-time critique, it's possible to cram a whole lot of car control learning into a short time on a wet pad.
I wondered about that, too, but if you watch the videos all the way through you'll see that besiktas initially did most of the attempts with both hands on the wheel. Then he starts to do it with his right hand off--I wondered why, but then I realized he was likely using his right hand to pull the e-brake to initiate the slide...