View Single Post
      07-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

What do you usually do during lunch at work?

I started a new job a couple months back and I have to say my department is kind of weird (actual the whole company setup is weird but thats another story). At my old job I would always eat with the people in my department (I'm an accountant). At my new job it is nowhere near like that. My boss usually eats with other managers from other departments and people he used to work with at his old job. Another guy in my department goes out to eat with the person I replaced everyday (he talks maybe once a day). The two girls in my department usually don't eat lunch; they either go to the gym or shopping. And the last person in my department sits at his desk and eats (he's weird, he rarely talks everyday). So I have been finding myself going to the cafeteria at my old lunch time at 12:45. Most people in the company go to lunch between 11-12 because that is when the free food is put out (we get free lunch everyday). Between those times I am never hungry, plus I like having a shorter afternoon because I feel it always drags in the afternoon. People usually also eat at their desk (we have opens eating) even though we have a cafeteria in the building and access to the other one in another building. I usually eat for 10-15 mins and then go in my car and lay down if I stay here.

So what do you do during lunch? I think my new company's setup is weird.
Appreciate 0