View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #25
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

those new pop off filter housings are awesome. I almost want to just buy the OEM one myself, so I don't have to mess with buying the oil filter wrench adapter.

OP, thanks for the video. Impressive you did it all with one hand! lol

Although I've changed my car's oil a million times with my past car (Evo8), it always helps to have a video to show you where all the points are. There is a great pictorial DIY here, but something about a video that clarifies alot of the points. For instance, I never knew there were 2 rubber o-rings on the filter housing.

Are the two drain plugs standard "screw on/screw off" plugs? The pictorial DIY shows that you need to pull it one way to loosen.

At the end of the day, I just dont' have the space (live in apartment tower) to change my own oil. But this is useful when I'm ready to do it.

My only reservation about changing the oil on the M3 is jacking up the car. Ideally, you need the car to be level. But you want it on ramps for stability. I might just still use jacks and jackstands to access the drain plug, then take it all down to get a complete drain. Then jack the car again to tighten the plug. Also the problem with this is to find a really flat pan that can fit under the M3 without jacks and still hold all that oil. I may need to use 2 pans. One to take most of the oil. Then the flatest one when I take the jack down to get the last bit of oil.
Appreciate 0