View Single Post
      08-19-2009, 04:19 AM   #16
mixja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone

Powerchip are great, only option for me down here in New Zealand, as they ship you the reflashing gear from Australia meaning no shipping your ECUs off to Europe or USA.

Great service - had DCT software upgrade applied last week, Powerchip shipped over reflashing gear for small charge (to cover shipping + I asked for a Stage II map that disables emissions CEL).

I think the throttle remapping Powerchip program in does improve how the car feels in terms of responsiveness - I really notice throttle response dampened down with the factory software back on. In fact initially with the new map I got the throttle map settings were too aggressive and the car was stalling, so Powerchip got me a new map within 30 minutes and everything worked fine.

Torque between 2500-3500RPM is definitely much increased with Powerchip - I immediately noticed the lull in torque with the stock factory map and remembered why everyone complains this engine doesn't produce enough torque. I certainly do believe Powerchip is good for the +20WHP they claim - I was on the dyno when I reflashed but unfortunately due to the throttle mapping/stalling issue I got kicked off the dyno for the next customer...
Appreciate 0