02-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #31
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser McCool View Post
Not that I havent had my fair share of run-ins with Jerk Cops... but Ive also had my fair share of run-ins with Jerk Department store associates, jerk bankers, jerk waiters, jerk car salesmen etc. People are People.. just because someone is a cop doesnt mean that they are a nice person, they could be a huge DB just like ANY other line of work. I have had a fair amount of pleasant runins with cops too.. but I am decent to them when they pull me over, By looking at your posts I can see why you have never had a positive experience with a cop... you are all huge jerk offs..
I agree not all cops are jerks. But as you've said there are jerk cops and out of all those positions you listed, cops have the most authority to abuse. You can't walk away from a cop.

Whenever I talk to an officer, I'm always polite and courteous, even if the officer isn't. I've met both cool cops and douchebag power trip cops. That being said, I don't think there's anything wrong with donating money towards building a HOF for college football rather than police HOF. I know immiketoo is a stand-up guy; all the time I've known him on the board, I've never had a problem with him. I'd assume it would be the same if I met him in real life, but his behavior and attitude doesn't reflect police as a whole. All it takes is one rotten apple to spoil everything and from what it sounds like, most people have encountered at least one rotten cop.

Again, I always give policemen the respect I think they deserve because wearing a badge they are a representative of the law, but it's often very disheartening to see them blatantly talk on their cell phones while driving and turn their sirens off just to make a light (when it's obvious they're not heading towards a crime scene). I again understand these individuals don't represent the whole police force either, but they are still wearing a badge and given the same privlidges and responsibilities all officers are. Immiketoo, as sad as it is to say this, whenever someone experiences a douchebag cop, it will negatively reinforce the bad stereotype, but your good behavior will only be seen as "doing your job."
Appreciate 0