View Single Post
      11-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Using Siri as a shortcut for Pandora, BMW Connected and Internet Tethering

As many of you know that have a Apple iphone, Siri can be used with the BMW bluetooth telephone. (It can be used with any handsfree headset for that matter).

Theres a few shortcoming however.

One, you have to start Siri from the iPhone itself, by holding the home button down

Ok, so you can have a conversation with Siri using your BMW bluetooth .. so what?

Well some clever folks have just realized you can use Siri as a shortcut to easily get to apps.

I thought about this, and since with BMW Apps, you have to manually start BMW Connected or Pandora, or even open the Personal Hotspot screen to start a data connection with the iphone, this may be useful ......

Again, there is a shortcoming. Siri can't open the app (yet), but can display a nice large area, to click on the screen to then open the app ...

Useful for automotive applications i guess. I'm not convinced, but thought I would share with you guys to play around with.

Here are 3 shortcuts you might like to try.

For each simple create a new contact and enter the following info in the URL field for each contact. You can call the contacts what you like, but you'll need to know the name, when asking Siri. Have fun.
Attached Images

Last edited by apw2607; 11-12-2011 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0