View Single Post
      10-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #52
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I suppose it depends on where you live. A few weeks ago there was a really nice Aston Martin parked in front of my building. I stood and watched it for about 10 minutes. A few people glanced at it but most people walked right by and paid no attention to it whatsoever. I saw a similar reponse (or lack thereof) to a Maserati GT parked on West 56th street a while ago. They certainly got my attention but I guess the average man on the street in Manhattan is not that into cars.

CA
This is precisely why I don't give a rat's a$$ whether someone looks at my car or not. I drive what I drive because it makes ME happy. I drive what I drive because it makes ME smile when I look at it. I would need 10 sets of hands (and feet) to count the number of times I have read on the many different car forums I frequent the following comments "xyz just doesn't garner any attention" or "which one of these cars will get my car valet'd in the front row". I just laugh at the fools that post this nonsense. If one wants to be noticed and is that much of an attention whore, walk around on stilts for Christaske or wear a clown suit everyday.....that'll get you noticed.
Appreciate 0