View Single Post
      10-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #11
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
From experience I beg to differ - ran a 2009 C63 AMG (im a 2011 e92 m3 DCT zcp) from a 30-150 and from 50-150 and both times we were dead even. From the 50 roll I jumped out a 1/2 car (I started in 2nd gear at around 6000 rpm-ish) then he wound up reeling me in and when we let off we were dead even. From the 30 he immediately pulled a 1/2 car and I reeled him in slowly and we wound up even.

somewhat like this race :

(yet again, my car could be a freak because I keep up with heavily modded N54's that "should" trounce on M3's) Heres a video of me vs a fully modded 135:
(essentially even from a 50-130)
Well to each his own obviously our stories are different. Would be interesting to know how the driver of the C63 was setting up for the runs. If you simply put the trans in "sport" mode and mash the gas you will fall behind as you lose time for the car to down shift. Also this method doesn't give you the most aggressive gear. Meaning you will be going from gear 7 to gear 4 instead of 3rd or 2nd. When I do any runs I place the car in sport mode and manually down shift to the lowest gear possible usually 2nd gear around 5K RPM. That way when you hit the throttle the car launches forward and shift right into 3rd gear at red line with no lag. Shifting in manual mode would be a disaster because of the lag in shift time as the 7G tranny in no way could shift like the DCT.

I saw your run with the 135i but I'm kinda curious. You say the run is from 50-130MPH but it's clear at the 0:02 mark you guys get on the throttle and at the 0:08 mark you guys brake. Considering all of the V-Box statistics I can't imagine any stock M3 getting anywhere close to a 6 second 60-130 mark.
Appreciate 0