View Single Post
      10-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
08M3
MY 4TH M
Rep
Drives: 08M3 AW

CROSS coilovers pic's

After hours of looking at different suspension setup's Ron at Modbargins was able to help/locate me the Cross coilovers from JIC.

I really wanted to try the CROSS kit, Porsche guy's seem to have good results without losing too much from this kit. I had a couple of things that I really wanted a liner spring with different spring rate options was a must, dampening adjustable and camber plates needed to be included, KW V3's didn't have 2 of the 3 unless you went to the clubsports (cost much more) I wanted to stay away from double adjustable shocks, from previous experience(TCK) if you don't know how to adjust them properly you can really destroy the handling quick (they also make too much noise) and third I wanted a system that offered height adjustablity from the shock not the spring when you adjust the height by the spring you change the springs rate.

I came out of a track built M3 E46, too built in my opinion the suspension was noisy and rough, brakes noisy and when cold didn't stop the car. It was awsome on the track but I gave up every bit of the street ability it once had in favor of the track. So my E92 M won't be as hard core I would rather keep this one and drive it daily, track it on the weekend.

The pictures of the kit are attached I'm still waiting on a couple of parts before I can install, once installed I will show before and after pics and review.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0