View Single Post
      01-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #29
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
The option of going to another GT-R over a GT3 wasn't a money issue . I was impressed with my first one and the 45 hp and suspension upgrades made it a no brainer. The 2012 GTR is just too big of a performance leap over the GT3. The GT3 was a car that I was looking at over a year ago. I already owned a GTR and CLK63 Black Series at the time I was going take the plunge. I parted with my Merc thinking I could use the GTR in the winter and the GT3 in the summer. An inflexible dealer and a little common sense snapped me out of that and I bought an X6M instead.

Frankly, I wasn't even considering a GT3 this time around. I was debating between a Turbo S and a GTR. Money played a factor there. Now I'm going to sit out the 911 platform until the 991 Turbo or GT3 appears. I will buy then.

Your comments are way off base on the GTR. Have you owned one? Have you driven one extensively? It just sounds like you're coughing up GT-R hater’s rhetoric. When people start using nonsensical terms like "inspiration" and "facade" in critiques and saying it would lose its luster after a day my eyes roll way back. How is it a garage queen? Maintenance? Really? I drove one as DD for 19000 miles and my grand total for maintenance was $2000. It’s not cheap but it’s hardly supercar expensive.

The GT3 is a great car(as are most 911s) but so is the GT-R. Anyone saying it isn't is either blinded by snobbery or ignorant.
Wait...did I read this correctly, you are still waiting for a porsche?

Ok getting to the body of your reply, "non-sensical" & "critiques", my fear is that you are not a driver and therefore none of this makes sense to you, you are more of an accountant when it comes to cars, you merely crunch numbers and come out with a solution or answer. You can't do a SWOT analysis on what I'm talking about here, it's an approach, it's a formula it's a Quartz vs. Automatic,

Your cold hearted approach to cars does land you right into a GT-R, it's a perfect fit for you. But for the rest of us car lovers it goes back to the natural philosophy of racing as Colin Champman said "Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." - the weight, and the technological attributes of the GT-R make it less of a car and more of a computer. Do you dispute this?

As for the price of services and maintanence, are you telling me that the average GT-R owner only pays $2,000 for 19,000 miles. BULLLLLLSHHHHHHH.......a set of tires will run you 2,000, not sure how you got to 20k on the Re070s without needing another set, I'm not sure how you got away with under 500 for transmission fluids, special oil changes, who rotated your tires? Should be doing that every 8-10k miles, how are you brake pads? By 25,000 miles I bet you will have spent anywhere from 6k-10k in total costs. If not you are totally babying the balls off of that car - which compliments my point of the special treatment of the GT-R.

Last edited by Nine; 01-19-2011 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0