View Single Post
      08-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #7
Kawika63
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M50 Carbon

A lot of work, nice post as I'm sure many will disagree, and a few may agree in certain areas. I'm not a huge Audi fan as imho their consistency has been in question over the last
few generations. However, it's the present that counts mostly, but reputation does have it's influence. I've known many Audi owners who've experienced the turbo failures, costly repairs and hair pulling service adventures and as pretty as some are, no jumping ship for me. I've owned BMW's for the last 15 years and I'm comfortable sticking by this brand as it's been consistently reliable year after year.

I do agree that the first response to your post was overboard and a tone not appreciated, but at the same time, there are those that are BMW lifers and can't help but get spun.

If you're going to be commuting 70% of the time and many of the performance features of both vehicles won't be seen or heard except 30% of the time, AND you've owned both brands, why all of the confusion? I really hate to admit it, but I'm actually somewhat biased toward the BMW since I've been a BMW guy for the last 6 years and they've always treated me right. Sounds like you've said it all right there. An important consideration these days.
2003 Carbon Black E39 M5. Dinan S1-retired 2007
2000 Silverstone e39 M5- Dinan S2-retired 2003
Appreciate 0