View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #54
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
No Greg...for everyday driving and street use, the Porsche brakes are no better than the M3. For the track, yes.....the 997's brakes last longer before fade. From a stopping power/effective standpoint...there is no difference for street driving. Steering? to me, I really feel the dartiness and light front end in the 997. At speed, the car feels very floaty to me. Perhaps some like that dartiness and feel better. I don't. I will say that you can feel more of the road in the 997S than the M3 but I prefer the bit heavier steering in the M3. My 997S had a slight bit of "slop" in the steering than either E92M3 that I have owned (perhaps an anomally; its the only 997 I've driven). If your idea of feeling more of the road and you like the dartiness then yes, I will concede that the 997 steering will be more to your liking than the heavier feel of the M3.

Please pay attention.....where did I EVER mention which one was faster?

It is very true that the 997.2 C2S (cannot speak of earlier gen.) has a floaty steering feel above 80-90mph. It is better in the GT3RS. If you add cannards it improves even more. The new 991 C2S seems better in that sense. I had only a testdrive and did not drive the old 997.2 at the same time but the front end felt more planted. On the other hand the steering did not feel as communicative as my RS. I actually liked that since for DD I need a more GTish car. Would like to replace the M3 with the C4S just because it would be something different, something new, on the other hand I am not convinced that the new C4S is better than my current M3 for DD (with kids etc) May just hold out for the new turbo. I really cannot make up my mind. I even thought about the Panamera for DD.
Appreciate 0