View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #53
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post

Are you really trying to say the M3 has better brakes and steering feel than a 997? Completely false and you know it. Not a single person whos ever driven or owned them would agree on either of those let alone the rest.
And performance on a 997.1 vs M3 is a driver's race, with a 997.2S the S is much faster on and off the track.

Maybe one of the most hyperbolic statements ever made...
No Greg...for everyday driving and street use, the Porsche brakes are no better than the M3. For the track, yes.....the 997's brakes last longer before fade. From a stopping power/effective standpoint...there is no difference for street driving. Steering? to me, I really feel the dartiness and light front end in the 997. At speed, the car feels very floaty to me. Perhaps some like that dartiness and feel better. I don't. I will say that you can feel more of the road in the 997S than the M3 but I prefer the bit heavier steering in the M3. My 997S had a slight bit of "slop" in the steering than either E92M3 that I have owned (perhaps an anomaly; its the only 997 I've driven). If your idea of feeling more of the road and you like the dartiness then yes, I will concede that the 997 steering will be more to your liking than the heavier feel of the M3.

Please pay attention.....where did I EVER mention which one was faster?
Appreciate 0