07-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
snowmants
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06S2K,'11EVO,'11Jeep,'13GL450

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Almost traded my E90 M3 for a GT-R...ALMOST...

I have been planning to buy a GT-R for months. After locating a good one, the dealer had it shipped in and I finally I drove the GTR on Saturday. In all honestly I think the e90 M3 is actually more fun to drive on the street. Track is likely a different story, but I already have a track car and this is for the street only....I am very torn right now. I am actually strongly leaning toward keeping the M3! It is crazy because I already added the GTR to my insurance and went in with check in hand and everything ready to drive out with the GTR, but the test drive changed my mind........I took the GTR on my own for about 30 minutes and did a variety of driving from around town, to backroads, to highway, to lowspeed parkinglot manuevering. The GTR was faster, but felt very big compared to the M3. It just wasnt as much fun.....I have the OEM exhaust mod on my e90 M3 and the exhaust note in my M3 was about a million times nicer than that of the GT-R. Doesnt seem like something that should matter but it contributes tio the overall feel of the m3 and the driving experience. I know--honestly it really weirded me out that I wasnt just in love with the GT-R! I dont think it was that the GTR was bad in any way it was more that it made me realize how good the M3 is. I have the DCT in the M3 so the interface is very similar, it wasnt an issue of not being used to the transmission or something like that. Anyway, I am shocked myself as the GTR is a car I have lusted after for a long long time, but I just couldnt get past the fact that I enjoyed the M3 more around town. I couldnt lie to myself.

Last edited by snowmants; 07-24-2012 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0