07-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #17
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wea View Post
1,180EU = ~$1675USD so anyone know where we can get a set?

Cheers
Congrats, you can convert Euros to U.S. dollars.

Not sure what that supposed to tell me...I do that kind of thing on a daily basis.

Anyway, these cool ALUMINUM E9x wheels are going to be an exclusive BMW wheel property. (at least for the time being).

Just got off the phone with a contact at BBS Motorsport, and apparently BMW approached BBS to build this wheel specifically for the GT4.

There is no equivalent BBS Motorsport wheel in this size and width for the BMW E9x cars. (through BBS directly)

That means this is 'technically' a BMW OE E9x M3 wheel application. (only available through BMW Motorsport parts)

BBS cannot even sell you this wheel, because they are not allowed. (not yet anyway)

I contacted the Director of the BBS Motorsport division as well, and I asked him about these wheels. It's too late to find out anything this week, but I should hear something back about these on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

If I can get the assigned (BBS/BMW) OE wheel manufacturing part numbers, then you should be able to order these wheels directly through BMW Motorsport. (in theory)

I just hope there isn't a damn road block (restriction) placed on these wheels, like BMW has on the CSL parts. That will make them much harder to get, and drive the price of these wheels through the roof.