08-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Smile Results of my PCD delivery on August 7th

Hi everybody!!

the big day (at least for me) took place yesterday when I took possession of my car at the BMW Performance Center in Greer, SC. I am currently starting a road trip so I won't go in too many details buere here are some highlights:

- WOAW

- WOOOAAAWWWWWW

- OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

The day was just GREAT, AWESOME, UNBELIEVABLE,... you name it!!! Between the instructors Ray Helms and Jim Clark who took care of us for the emergency breaking exercise, the autocross and the skidpad exercises, Willie who went over the car's features with me, Arnold who took us off-roading in the mighty X5 and Dagmar who led us through the plant, everybody was just fantastic, very competent and so nice!

Besides lack of time and may be distance to SC... I just can't see any valid reason for not doing this.

Also, it was great to meet two other M3 Post members: Atny286 and thefly! Thanks guys for being part of this great day and I hope you will both have an eventless drive home!!!

Now, I do not want to leave out a big part of our day... believe it or not, our cars, along with tens of other ones parked down there, got caught in a hale storm last Saturday night!!!! Yes, you red well: HALE!!!!!

Consequences: 3 dings on my car!!!!! .....BUT, I can tell you that BMW handled this in the most open manner (they pointed out the damages to us, and trust me, there was one, that I would have never found myself) and fixed the issue in a very professional way despite all the resources consumed by this incident. The bottom line is that we all left the PCD a little later than anticipated... BUT the cars were all perfect So, if you are about to go there, PLEASE do not panic, OK?????

Anyhow, my battery is running low, so I am going to upload a few pics.... more to come in a few days after I'm back home.

Cheers!
Attached Images

Last edited by MTROIS; 08-10-2008 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0