View Single Post
      08-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
rumelk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe, E93 M3

Problems Developing...

Hi Guys,

I've had My M3 E93 for about 8 weeks now. And tbh its pissing me off with some of the issues. The car is a 58 (2008) vert purchased form BMW as an approved used. After the first week, while the weather in the UK was terrential rainfall, i noticed a leak in the roof. Took it back to BMW Sterling Corner (Borehamwood, Herts) to which they had the car for 3 weeks, replacing all the roof seals. I've had the car back for about 2 weeks now and the seals seem to be ok. The problem now has developed with the iDrive.

I've got a feeling that the seals may not have been put on properly and that there is water leaking into the car where the 'black box' is for the iDrive. The iDrive Handfree bluetooth is playing up, (phone rings, cant seem to answer in the car, have to pull out phone and pick up the call from the handset) another problem is the CD drive, you cant seem to change tracks from it but when the CD changer is in use, all is fine

To add to this, when taking a corner at speed (about 40mph) i can hear a grinding noise (as if a cable of some sort has come off, and hitting the brake disc)

The car is under warranty with BMW, but it's just so annoying constantly giving the car in for repair work and not getting it back for weeks on end.

Can anoybody shed some light as what I should do; the iDrive and grinding noise or getting to the point where i want to