View Single Post
      02-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #437
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
It is crazy to think someone is gonna get Asamougha... If you are gonna pay a first round pick all that money.. I would much rather pay a little bit more for a proven product in Asamougha.

Prince is the shutdown corner no?
Yeah but Asamougha has said he wants to go to a winner. As good as things look for the Lions next year if we fill in a couple gaps, it's still just conjecture. Yeah, Prince and Peterson are the shutdown corners available, after that there's a decent drop in talent at that position, probably no one worth the 1st round spot the Lions have.

Von Miller would also be nice, but he won't be available then either. It might be good for the lions to get Aldon Smith, considering his size and talent (which we badly need at LB atm). But, if we don't get a decent corner, through free agency or the draft, we're going to continue to have problems on D.

I'm curious to see whether Mayhew follows Suh's lobbying... Mayhew has been brilliant so far, and Suh has a lot of pull, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we ended up with Prince. Maybe we could make some moves using Avril as trade-up material and get Prince, or it would be real nice if we could get that higher spot for Prince AND get a later 1st round pick and steal Watt if he's still around. Watt, Vanden Bosch, Suh, and Williams on the D Line? Forget it. That would be ridiculous.
Appreciate 0