Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
I have no clue what HID kit if any you guys have tested, our "ignitor" does not release any heat what so ever. New age digital ballast release very little heat, probably less then your LED pack, and our ignitor does not release no heat.

Our bulbs are made with a glass that is mixed with plastic, it costs us more but releases much less heat then your standard HID bulbs.

I am confused why would you even bring up the ignitor, it isn't even placed not even close to the headlights.

I can not tell you how many kits we have sold, review our sales and customer feedback all accross the 1 series-3 series forums; not a single customer with heat problems, or mad at the light output,

I always see people selling their LEDs in the for sale section, not their HIDs.
I'm not singling you out personally, nor like the direction this thread is headed. If anything, Camaross was the first to really pioneer the idea to a public level.

I've never referred to ballast heat, it's irrelevant. I'm referring to the actual lightsource used in the headlamp, which emits the light. Also - unless you have a factory in China (where most HIDs are produced), you're not manufacturing the ballasts - let's stick to the topic at hand here so we're all up to speed.

I've personally seen Sirag's M3 many times, as well as the HID kit that's installed. I'm particularly fond of the load equalizers used as these run at VERY high temperatures, ahd have caused a number of LCM issues in the past on previous models.

A HID kit is an HID kit - regardless if it's installed in the headlamps, fogs or angel eyes. There's nothing you are changing to make the working any different in terms of light output or heat. LEDs are cool to the touch, but require a heatsink to pull the heat generated away in order to prevent light deterioration or failure - like most computer processors.

If you have changed something within the circuitry within the ballast which affects light output, please feel free to inform the thread in detail so we all come to a clear understanding of how your kit is different and put the all the confusion to rest.

Sorry to offend, and I'm sure you have many happy users - but I'm simply stating facts. Please let's keep this to a civil level.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0