View Single Post
      02-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #31
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Still fooling around with this setup. It seems like the amp could benefit from a good boost in input signal. I attempted to utilize the SLDIN.T modules that were provided with the amp which boost the input signal up to 12dB. They have a RCA input and symbilink output. I made a new molex connector with female RCA connection so I could plug in the SLDIN.T to the factory iDrive output. I had received several recommendations from people saying this would not work and I couldn't understand why so I had to try it for myself. Turns out they were right. Using the SLDIN.T results in noise and odd clicks and pops in the signal. No matter how low the gain was adjusted the clicks and pops were still there. It probably has something to do with the SLDIN.T modules utilizing a common ground input as opposed to BMWs balanced line signal coming from the iDrive. It also didn't do much in allowing me to reduce the gains on the outputs which is really what I was looking for. So I'm back to the hacked symbilink cable as that seems to work well.

The other thing I noticed recently is that the volume level is not as low as I thought. All this time I've only been listening to tracks off my USB flash drive. I finally tried a CD (after about 2 weeks of having this thing installed) and the overall volume is much higher.

I'm still trying to tune the EQ as I feel there is something missing in the lower treble but I can't seem to pinpoint it. Other than that, I'm still satisfied which what I ended up with.