View Single Post
      07-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54

Question Anyone have a memory foam mattress or topper?

UPDATE 7/17/11
After tons of trying mattresses out in the stores, crunching numbers, weighing the pros & cons of each mattress on paper & in real life & trying to find/talk myself into something that is not $3,500, I'm going to have to go with the Tempur Cloud Supreme or Rhapsody. I was hoping the iComfort Revolution or Dormia would suffice, but the Dormia had way too much motion transfer & the iComfort gave me the hammock feeling & I'm a skinny guy at 130 lbs.

Anyway, I think I'll buy the Cloud Supreme & try it for at least 30 days & exchange it for the Rhapsody if need be. However, before I do buy anything I wanted to see if anyone could chime in on the Cloud-Luixe. Looks like it has a layer of the HD foam under the top layer and that seems to be the only difference vs the Supreme. Is the Luxe really worth the extra $1,000?

=============
Looks like I am not going to go Tempur-Pedic. Don't want to shell out that kind of cash.

I believe I am either going to go with one of the Serta iComfort mattresses or the Costco Novaform topper or mattress by Sleep Innovations.

I want to stay away from the the 99999999 no name ones out there (Unless people have 1st hand positive experience with some of them)

EDIT 7/9/11 : So it's back to the TP Cloud Supreme as the front runner now.

However, I want to know if I should go more firm than that to help my back problems. I am getting some people telling me go Cloud to help my back & others say go more firm!

EDIT 7/10/11: Ashley Furniture has their own line of memory foam mattresses so I checked those out today. I like their "Key West" model. $1,100 on sale for the king set. Ashley only gives a 7 year warranty. I don't really care as I doubt I'd have the TP for the 20 years it is under warranty anyway.

The TP Cloud Supreme is still my favorite, but I don't think it is $2,400 more than the Ashley Key West nice at this point. However, I will probably end up buying TP pillows. I like their symphony pillow.

The specs the lady @ Ashley gave me for the Key West mattress are:
1" poly foam quilted cover
3" memory foam
7" support base

I'll have to do some research & see how this stacks up to the TP & the Novaform.

Went back to Sears right after this to lay on the Serta iComforts again. Not bad, but they range from about $500 to $1,500 more than the Ashley. I don't feel they are good enough to warrant paying that much more.

Last edited by Magic-Man; 07-17-2011 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 0