04-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #37
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
This is difficult to answer. I have had the system installed on two cars. The first install was on my sedan that had Eibach springs and EDC shocks (Non-ZCP) with 19" wheels and Yokohama AD08's. I switched to 18" wheels, PSS tires, and the KW suspension all at the same time. The AD08 tires and the 19" wheels resulted in a relatively stiff ride (AD08 sidewalls are very stiff). In this initial install I had the KW's too low and the ride quality was a little too rough and the suspension travel too limited. It was still an improvement over the EDC / Eibach combo. I ordered my latest M3 without EDC. I was surprised how stiff the OEM suspension was on the non-edc car. I put the KW's on the car prior to completing the break-in service so I didn't put the OEM suspension to the full test. My assessment is that the ride quality is not much (if any) stiffer than my OEM non-edc suspension. I have had the KW's adjusted and raised on the latest install. That made the ride quality very comparable to stock. I'm not noticing any issues with acceleration on uneven roads but I do live in California (despite what some California natives say, the roads are great here) and I don't generally hammer on the car when I'm on a rough road. As far as simply driving down a road with a few bumps, the KW's feel great and not much different from stock. The low height requires more caution on steep driveways but that is to be expected. I really don't have anything negative to say about the KW's, I would definitely do it again if given the chance. Are they worth the premium over the regular clubsports? Hard to say...
Cheers for your insight. Our roads here in the UK are quite unique as you may have read from some of the well-known UK publications like EVO, Chris Harris etc. All the best country/mountain roads, while nice and twisty, can be very narrow and uneven with cambers all over the place, and we are allowed to go at 60mph, so have to be careful with suspension choice. Roads like in this video, which some may have already seen:

Or this:

Appreciate 0