View Single Post
      03-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
Ben Liaw
Banned
Rep
Drives: Tel: 201-783-8600

I'll answer some of the questions here, for those that don't want to read it on the website.

1. Yes, the knob is higher, by approximately 0.5" (yes, 1/2"). Our lever is not, and never has been, height adjustable. It is imperceptible with the stock knob on, as the boot is not stretched or in a strange position. You can see how we've improved the shifting geometry here. We played with a few different positions, and found this one to be the best of them all. It's a great balance of height and throw reduction while minimizing shifter effort.

2. The top of the lever is move slightly backwards as well. The factory lever is moved back (with it's double bend), but actually tips slightly forward. We maintain the angle of the shifter which positions it slightly rearward, away from the lower console. Some other companies just bent another factory lever backwards, which does NOT emulate the current E9X M3 lever. The bend in the lever is to position the upper part of the lever rearward, not to tip it backwards. This is difficult to explain in words, easier in pictures. I'm working on some more pictures for the webpage, to illustrate this.

3. On a lift, anticipate 2.5-3 hours for installation. It's not hard, there's just a lot of stuff to take off to install it. Of course, if you're planning on torturing yourself on jackstands and a lift, anticipate even longer.

Any other questions, PM me, or call the shop. 201.444.8150.
Appreciate 0