11-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
255/275 will offer no further traction to your car and will only likely feel less sharp for turn-in. As you mentioned side-walls are going to be higher and therefore signifigantly why turn-in is less. The zcp is a different story with bigger wheels but the stock 19s, bmw knew what they were doing. If more grip was to be had with bigger tires they would have used them. The mdm/dsc is made to work with the rolling diameter of the stock setup and even a slight change effects. this. Most of all you lose the sharp pinpoint turn in feel with bigger setup
Wow. I've been trying to ignore you on the forums but damn your responses are so stupid and misinforming. "255/275 will offer no further traction to your car and will only likely feel less sharp for turn-in." What are you talking about? Having wider tires in the rear gives the car significantly more grip than the 265's. If you had something stupid like 295 in the back and 245 in the front you'd have a lot of under/over steer (not sure which one I always forget). BMW knew what they were doing YES but that's because they have to keep a very WIDE variety of different people happy. Many people after running the OEM set-up and using the rubber up will instantly move to 255/275.

I'm gonna be running with 295/275 on my BBS FI rims, maybe I should go consult BMW if they think it's safe and if it's the best set-up.
Appreciate 0