United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC ///M View Post
Genius questions!

What if you owned a boat and wanted to wash it, but there were no outlets in the boat storage yard? What if you wanted to clean something that was further than a few extension cords away from your garage? ...or use it for work sites?

The MTM Cannon Manual states 1.8 gpm min. is req'd for ideal operation. The AR unit captioned above is only 1.2 gpm.

As I stated earlier, it's great that there are so many different types that will work for any application. If you only wash your car with it and you live in an apt or track home, an electric is perfect for you.

A compact gas-powered unit works best for my needs, since it will be used for more than just washing a car and in areas where there are no outlets available.

PS- You have it backwards, gas-powered units create MORE foam using LESS soap, as opposed to a conventional electric.
For the purposes of this forum, op, and the general detailing public I wouldn't assume they would need it to wash at work or a boat yard. I bet most of the weekend warriors do it in their garage and for the people who do need it for those purposes are most likely professionals who have the better answer anyway. As for the gpm requirement, I know the manual says 1.8 but my point here was not to try and persuade you to buy the ar118 because it clearly doesn't fit your needs. My point was that there does in fact exist a portable system for $100 that can be used with the mtm. Just because you have thick foam doesn't mean it is cleaning better than another soap that goes on thin or watery. There is a video on youtbe of someone using the ar118 and the mtm with cg cwg with a modest amount of soap IIRC. Yes the soap does go on thin but it covers the entire surface of the car. Also I never said gas NEEDS more soap than an electric. I was saying if you want crazy shaving cream foam like the numerous chemical guy's videos, get a gas powered system then add a lot of soap. I guess I shouldn't have directed the information towards you as it doesn't apply to you but I meant it to be info for everyone. Just informing
Appreciate 0