12-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #127
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
Normally, I don't add fuel to the fire, but based on this comment, I have to stand behind a fellow servicemember...it's bad enough as it is being away from home

Amazon doesn't charge like $30 bucks for a 2lb package, if they do, it's next day air/saturday delivery, which means you get it 24 hrs later at MAX and you PAID FOR IT.

TireRack? Helped my parents replace their alloys and tires from a package from TireRack for their 4Runner....Price for shipping was only $130, ground. $300 bucks for shipping = tirerack's UPS/FEDEX 2nd day air rates for both wheels and tires.

I've shipped a set of wheels many times before. Last set were blizzaks on 189's, unboxed, and slapped on FEDEX Ground labels...total price <$120 w/10% discount from USAA. These were delivered a week later.

Now you may not be able to push that much volume compared to Amazon/TR, but as a business, you should be well in between regular consumer shipping rates and businesses.

Based on the OP's post, you basically baited and switched shipping methods and pocketed the difference. You shoud've notified OP and made him situationally aware of the matter and let him decide on how to proceed. APO addresses counts as a regular O/CONUS so same rate applies!
OP has been contacted and I've talk to him.

If you ever decide to give us a try, PM me personally.
Appreciate 0