CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
There will always be very young kids with "rich parents" driving expense and/or powerful cars. I've realized there is nothing I can do about it other than strive to be one of those "rich parents" myself.

By the time I have 18 year old kids (expecting my first child in January 2007), I should have the means to buy them almost anything they want. But I plan to have enough restraint to wait until they have finished college before I get them an expensive car.

I went to college out of state and didn't even have a car (at least not until I finally saved up enough to buy my own in my junior year). However, I went to school with many people who were very well off. It seemed every other car was a BMW 3 series (so my 6 year old used Mazda RX7 definitely wasn't turning any heads). But I had a strong appreciation for the car because I truly earned it (summer jobs for 3 years). There was even a student who had a brand new Dinan M5 (E34), a few Porsche 911's, and a Lotus Esprit Turbo.

In the end, each person will respond differently to being given nice things and there are certainly a few that will behave responsibly with a fine automobile. The problem is there are seem to be far more teens who abuse the things they've been given.
Appreciate 0