View Single Post
      02-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #61
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinz View Post
Seems like that's what it is. I could live without the spacers, just a bit of lost cash buying them, but I don't like how especially the rear wheels look. They don't look bad, since the wheels don't like they're high offset wheels, but it just looks so much better with the spacers. Why can't BMW be like Porsche and include spacers as an OEM option? :S

There has to be a way to get the front spacers to work. It seems the rear are fine. Maybe try a 3rd set of spacers? That ring from eBay sounds finicky, but could be an option. Or some kind of metal tape around the spacer hub extender, making it tight with the wheel?
I very much doubt your problem is with your wheels and as you mentioned, it still exists with spacers on your OEM wheels.

Spacers are a mixed bag... they say they are OEM fit and the same hub size etc. but the actual fitment varies between brands and even different on the hubs of different cars! I've had vibration from spacers on cars before - it is not uncommon. Sometimes you can fix it by fitting them a certain way or certain torque techniques like I mentioned earlier - torquing the wheel in the air without the tire touching the ground. Other times you just got a bad set of spacers that don't work with your car/wheel set up.

Remove the spacers and try it, the vibration should go away. If you still want to use spacers, try a different brand.

As for the rear being fine... you will not feel rear vibration through the steering wheel or the car. The entire rear subframe is isolated by rubber bushings and layers of sound deadening.