View Single Post
      02-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
rmmcdaniel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3

CA says no DCT Sedans before June production...

I just got off the phone with my CA who told me that there will be no sedan production with M-DCT before June. I have no reason not to believe this from what I have been reading, but wanted to know if anyone else has heard this from their dealers?

Off-topic... This is my first post on the board after reading regularly the last few months. I have been drooling over M3s half my life, turned 30 last Saturday, and decided it was time to take the plunge!

I put a $1k refundable deposit down today for an "early May build" coupe or sedan (I can decide when I lock in the order) at MSRP. I know I could probably get an earlier build elsewhere but I can save up some cash over the next few months and I think I want a DCT Sedan anyway (which will mandate require the wait!). I've been waiting for this new model as I loved the E36 M3 sedan.

Of course, part of me is now thinking coupe. I haven't seen either car in the flesh yet so I'm going to wait until I can see both and test drive (either) next month and then decide which way to go.

Anyway, just wanted to share my "story"! Thanks to all the great info out here. I hope to contribute my share over the next few months.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0