View Single Post
      11-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #19
JeremyR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Wow - sorry...

I have to agree. My winters went on last week. It isnt really the snow that I worry about but the temps. Once it dips in to the 40s summer tires are pretty much useless. No reason to risk it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Extremis View Post
Do it. Do it now. I also wanted to squeak a few more weeks on summers out just in case there was another nice day and part laziness as well. A few brisk nights ago, I was driving home when ambient temperatures displayed on my dash were 27 fahrenheit. I was on a freshly repaved road which was extraordinarily slick and had lots of dips/ pot holes. It was also rainy and damp out. I had only gone around the block so my tires were ice cold when a large fox (common in my area) jumped in front of my car. I was doing about 40 mph, maybe 45, swerved and had I had virtually no control over my ado8s, 265/35 front 295/30 rear. I went off the road a few feet not just into soft dirt but then small trees. I may have traded one animals life for another Car is at MAC auto right now, we will see.. there does appear to be some frame damage.

J