View Single Post
      03-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
El_Duderino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swein1992 View Post
I drove the 328i xdrive and I am satisfied with the power. It is not that bad when you switch to sport mode. The biggest problem is the steering. The electric system just ruined everything. It is way too light. Even though it is still accurate, it just doesn't have the same steering feeling as the old 3 series. Plus the engine doesn't sound as good as before at all.
Agreed. I have a 328xi as a loaner while my M3 has some issues worked out. The new 328xi is a complete disappointment. Although the interior and exterior, in my opinion, have been nicely improved, the car has lost a tremendous amount in the handling and performance department when compared to the previous generation.

The electric steering coupled with incredibly soft suspension give the car a "floaty" ride...not unlike the Impala the dealership provided the last time my M3 was in for service. I had absolutely no sense what the tires were doing secondary to the numb electric steering and soft suspension. In comparison, I could confidently toss ANY BMW from the previous generation into a corner without concern.

As far as the throttle responsiveness...there isn't any. I have experienced what both of the above posters mentioned -- unacceptable throttle sensitivity (or lack thereof) and certainly turbo lag as well. This is very slightly improved by switching to "Sport" or "Sport Plus".

Overall, an incredibly disappointing, very "unBMW-like" vehicle.