04-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #23
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiptomylou37 View Post
A little credit card debt is around 1k with a much higher limit. I originally was thinking of buying an 08 M3 with low miles. No warranty doesn't scare me because I am a USAA member and they offer bumper to bumper warranties I could get up to a 3yr/36k mile warranty for 3k.
I don't know about USAA warranty coverage, but if that is true, then what I said changes. You can get M3s in the 30s nowadays, which is pretty cheap.

For the 200k comment, I can understand that if one has to support a family (wife+kids), a nice house with a fair mortgage, wife's car, save for kid's college, insurance for all of them, food, etc etc etc

....but for a single individual with no responsibilities except enjoying life, you should be driving a better car than just a M3 if your income is 200k.

lots of factors, as with every other decision in life

I would say pay that 1k off already... interest on it is worthless.

Invest more of your income so it builds up and you can then put it towards an investment property, do more sales to increase commission, wait for F8X to come out so E9X prices drop and then find a nice, clean lease return with low miles driven by an older family man

Obviously I am in this exact situation right now, hence my comments and rather excessive involvement in this..

I want to get a 911 Turbo/991S, but my gut is telling me not to and to just get another M3 or Z4 and call it a day.
(heck i was about to sign a SLS lease when I got my E350 4 months ago but realized what an idiot financial decision it would've been and backed out lol)
Appreciate 0