Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
LM was running the smaller pulley and meth....FACT
A few psi is going to bump the power up quite a bit (me and him were the texting the day he put it on and couldnt believe the difference in the cars performance with the smaller pulley) . Your not understanding me, so I will repeat myself - the combination of him having a higher boost pulley and meth (doing the same job as the intercooler at cooling the IATs) and fully catless vs the other guy having 20inch wheels (which from what I've seen rob about 20-30whp on a dyno) and HFC will make that a close race. And if you think so, do yourself a favor when you sell your 335 and move onto an M3, buy a 550 kit throw on a higher pulley and then race an intercooled VT2-625/650, you will be surprised to see the outcome be much more than a buslength between the two cars (over a 7mph in trap speed as well). I dont see what is hard to understand here.
There is no comparison between a VT2-625 and a VT1-535 / 550 kit. You can take any single race you want and draw assumptions from it for fun and play with theoretical HP figures but in the real world with all things being equal the comparison it not close. I have more seat time in ESS supercharged M3's than anyone and I have driven and tested them all so believe me when I tell you this. The VT1-550 is one of my favorite kits, it is an overachiever that has often performed well beyond it's rating but it is not a VT2-625. There is a reason the VT2-600/625 holds the current 60-130 and 1/4 mile records for the E9X M3.

This is a realistic comparison between the two up to 160 mph. We switched drivers in this video and did several runs and the outcome was the same each time. The VT1 in this video is the older 535 series which is now a 550. Given that and the exhaust being stock it would be a little faster with the new upgrade and catless but even with another 15-30 HP you could not consider it "nearly the same performance".

Couldn't agree more! I owned both kits and it goes from "wow" (535) to "holy "shit" (625) I'm gonna die! Too many people draw assumptions from watching vids and viewing dynos....the driver does have a lot to do with it. I raced several blown m's with my 535 and honestly, some of the other drivers just didn't have the skills.
Appreciate 0