View Single Post
      11-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
The Great One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Corvette

Attention All Orlando/Central Florida Members

Are there any Orlando/Central Florida Members on here that would be interested in doing gatherings and runs/rallies in the future with other exotic and high end sports cars? If so, keep reading!

WHO AM I?
I am a huge car enthusiast that is new to Central Florida from the Northeast. It doesn't take a genius to realize that Florida has an amazing amount of exotic and high end sports cars rolling around. The problem is, I have yet to find a group of guys that are willing to get out and enjoy their cars for what they were made for; to be driven! When I was living in New Jersey, I coordinated and participated in numerous events in which large numbers of exotic and high end sports cars would gather, and then enjoy spirited drives to various destinations. Here are a few videos of events that I coordinated in the past:

WHAT IS THE GOAL?
My goal is to organize events just like in the videos above. A typical event is comprised of a "meet and greet" at the starting point, a 50-100 mile cruise, and then arrival at a destination. The destinations vary from event to event. Sometimes a destination would be a restaurant for a nice lunch, or other times a destination would be a racetrack or go-karting track for all of the participants to put their driving skills to the test in a fun and safe environment. The events that I organize usually have some sort of a cause. In the past, I have put together events benefiting Toys for Tots and St. Jude Children's Hospital, as well as some other "just for fun" events.

WHERE WILL THESE EVENTS TAKE PLACE?
These events will mostly be coordinated throughout Central Florida and surrounding areas. For example, an event may have a starting point in Orlando and a destination in Melbourne.

WHEN WILL THESE EVENTS TAKE PLACE?

Ideally, I would love to organize my first large event soon after the holidays and the new year. Some smaller, impromptu events may take place before then, but larger events usually require at least a months time in planning. With the holidays right around the corner, attendance may be difficult for many. With that in mind, I am setting my goal on the first large event to be in early to mid January. Not only would this give sufficient time to properly plan and execute the event, but it would also be a great way to kick off the new year.

HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
This is the easy part. I am compiling a list of contacts for these events. All you have to do is send me a PM or an email with your name, phone number, email address, what you drive, and what town/area you live in.

Remember, the goal here is to organize events with exotics and other sports cars. Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Vipers, Corvettes, Porsches, Aston Martins, Lotus', GTRs, and M-Series BMW's are all welcomed. If you have a car that isn't listed above or you aren't sure if your car will qualify, feel free to ask. The events are not limited solely to the cars listed above, those are just a variety of examples of the types of cars we are looking to organize.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to PM or email me. I hope to hear from many of you and I am looking forward to coordinating some exciting events!

-Dimitri
DimitriJeanPierre@Yahoo.com
Appreciate 0