View Single Post
      04-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Fixing Floaty Feeling under Acceleration/Dialing in Stock Suspension

Hey All, I have a few questions about my stock suspension and ways I can dial it in for maximum performance.

For starters I have an 09 EDC Car with 50k miles on it.

It feels as if my suspension/tires aren't as "planted" as they were when the car was younger.

I currently have a floaty feeling on hard acceleration. It's not terrible, but I don't remember that being there when the car was new.

My car also seems to be more "grabby". It grabs at different ruts and grooves in the road. Which again I never remember the car doing that before.

So my question is: Could this be tires? (I have michelin PS2s 255/35 fronts with about 3.5mm of tread left, and 295/35 rears with about 2.5-3mm of tread left)

Could it be alignment? I'm running 0 camber front a rear for the winter. I need an alignment with the summer wheels.

Can it be wheel balancing? I didn't mark front driver/front passenger and rear drive/passenger side.

Is there anything else you guys can think of that's causing the less than optimal performance?

Can this be shock wear?
I'm installing a 585 kit in a few weeks and I want everything to be in tip top shape to handle the added power.

Thanks All!
Appreciate 0